American Control Electronics (ACE) has introduced its next generation of PWM controls. Using a 115 or 230 VAC power source, the PMB Series is designed to run brushed DC motors, up to 180 VDC. Compared to older SCR circuitry, PWM technology creates a cleaner output voltage, which allows the motor to run at a cooler operating temperature at comparatively higher and lower speeds. The PMB Series is microprocessor-based, so it can be easily custom programmed for OEM applications, including the ability to follow quadrature encoder feedback for speed or positioning control.
These controls contain isolation and are UL Listed, with testing done to the new 61800-5-1 standard. The PMB is also a regenerative control, meaning it can reverse on-the-fly without any contacts on the motor armature. The integrated dump circuitry eliminates the need for accessory cards and external relays in high-inertia applications.
Key features include:
- UL Listed in the US and Canada. Tested to UL 61800-5-1 standard.
- 4Q Reversing: Can perform quick, contactor-less reversing.
- 1.05 Form Factor
- Doubler mode: Can double a 115 VAC line to run a 180 VDC motor.
- Isolated inputs: Accepts floating or grounded signals 0 ± 5 VDC, 0 ± 10 VDC or 4-20 mA.
- Diagnostic LEDs for power and status (undervoltage, overvoltage, short circuit/current trip, and overheating warning/trip)
- NEMA 4X waterproof and dust-proof enclosure available
- Thermal protection: Drive recognizes when overheated as a result of overload, first flashing a warning code on the status LED and eventually tripping if condition persists.
- Stopping modes: User can regeneratively brake, decelerate, or coast motor to a stop.
- Dump circuitry: Internal circuitry for the hookup of an external dump resistor
- 1% Base Speed Regulation
- 100:1 Speed Range